Wrexham’s Finest Host Free Outdoor Concert
Two of Wrexham’s finest musical offerings; Mother of Six and Gallops, will host and perform at a landmark free outdoor concert at Bellevue Park in the town centre on Friday 2nd July.
Art rockers Mother Of Six released their debut EP earlier this year to critical acclaim, here are a few short snippet reviews:
- “The songs may swing, but they swing big.” – stonerrock.com
- “This band has a pristine sound; totally shimmering stuff that unloads as many heavy grooves as it does pop oriented, shimmering moments.” – Bad Acid Magazine
- “The finest rock recording I can recall coming out of North Wales.” – Adam Walton, BBC Radio Wales
- “This band is an enigma!” Bruce Dickinson, Iron Maiden
Gallops by Lense Eyes
Gallops continue with their unmitigated success, following on from last year’s European tour and appearance at Radio 1′s Big Weekend – they are set to release their debut EP very soon, alongside tour dates and some high profile festival slots over the summer, including the Big Chill Festival.
- “The town’s silver lining has emerged. They’re built on a bedrock of post-rock and they’re not afraid to unleash guitars as heavy as, say, Russian Circles.” – nme.com
- “Gallops; an instrumental four piece from Wrexham sounding like the four horses of the apocalypse, listening to God Speed you Black Emperor! Exclamation mark and all.” – Loud & Quiet Magazine
The concert will take place at Bellevue Park, Bellevue Rd, Wrexham on Friday 2nd July and is completely free to attend, all ages are welcome. Start time is 6.30pm Concert finishes 9pm sharp, so I’d arrive early!
Ben DavisEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ben is the founder and main writer for wrexhammusic.co.uk.