The Scene Embark on National Tour
The Scene are currently in the middle of a special tour of North Wales and the UK where they’ll play a total of ten dates before settling down to record their debut E.P.
Talking about the inspiration for the tour, Dean Stevens, guitarist of The Scene said:
“We have been reading a lot about ancient Welsh History and although none of the songs are about that it has definitely made us more creative”.
This interest has also led to the band approaching their song writing in a completely different way, lead singer Spencer Griffiths added:
“We wanted to take our interest a stage further so we visited some landmark sites and recorded some acoustic demos in Welsh caves and alongside rivers. We would then turn up at gigs we would never normally play; Heal the Last Stand and Mother of Six both gave us secret support slots; just to play the tunes acoustically and gauge peoples’ reactions. The whole feeling of that has been immense – just as good as playing to 20,000 people in London”.
The tour began with a triumphant show at Liverpool’s Zanzibar and will accumulate in a special performance at the Help For Heroes concert at the War Memorial Hall, Wrexham on Thursday 30th December.
The Scene’s debut E.P. will be released in the New Year with a preview CD being given away at the Help For Heroes gig.
- Friday 22nd October – Liverpool Zanzibar
- Thursday 28th October – Wrexham Central Station (with Fenech Soler)
- Saturday 30 October – Lllangollen The Bull Pub
- Thursday 11th November – Rhyl Vegas
- Friday 12th November – Shamrock Pub, Buckley
- Saturday 13th November – Speakers Corner Colwyn Bay
- Friday 19th November – Wrexham NEWI (REDI NIGHTS)
- Saturday 20th November – Wrexham Centenary Club (Going Places Charity Night)
- Thursday 9th December – Warrington University (TBC)
- Thursday 30th December – War Memorial Hall, Wrexham (Help For Heroes charity concert)
Ben DavisEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ben is the founder and main writer for wrexhammusic.co.uk.